22 July 2008

THAT'S IT!!!

That's it! Last straw! From this day forward, I'm running a dry household! That's right, NO MORE CANDY, CHOCOLATE OR SWEETS IN MY HOUSEHOLD!


Seriously, I'm done. We've always had a few sweets here and there in our house, mostly for Kim or I. Despite giving her candy or chocolaet sparingly, not a day goes by where Abby doesn't ask for chocolate before breakfast. This morning, she insisted she'd finish all her eggs if she had some Swedish Fish to go along with them. A half hour ago, she threw a 20 minuet tantrum because I wouldn't give her any sweets! She should know screaming is not the way to get anything!

Tonight, perhaps tomorrow due to an insaine headache (go figure), all candies, chocolate and the like will be composted. No more candy when she visits Grandma downstairs. Sweets are going to be a special occasion sort of thing (like I've been trying to do!). I'm putting down an iron fist!

...now, how do I explain this to well meaning relitives who, while meaning well, tend to get offended when I hope them to respect my boundries, despite the fact it's not the norm in the family?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh dear. I did notice she got a little more than normally upset when you wouldn't let her eat your chocolate cupcake of doom.

I'm with you. If I ever have kids that's my plan too.

I hope everyone else respects your boundaries!