22 September 2008

And now, for a snark post...

So I *think* I'm approved for food stamps. After talking to one person, another, and another I think it's been approved.

But first they had to call to tell me they received the letter from my boss that I'm not working. Great I tell them. We need a letter from your doctor saying you're pregnant they tell me. It's already been sent I tell them. No it hasn't they tell me. Ummm. Then, they ask what the practice is called. After I told them, they suddenly realize they've seen a letter from that practice! ...but they didn't know it was for me O_o

Then, on the phone, the lady starts to look for it, "Oh! I'm sure it's here some where! *rustles papers* Gee, you wouldn't believe the amount of mail we get here! No, you really wouldn't. Humph. You know, I'm all flustered because I just got into work and I was late because I had an eye doctor appointment...Hmmm. I'm sure it's here. I know I saw it...."

We part and she tells me that we're all good. But not before asking me, "Wait. You haven't had any income since July?!? How have you been making due?". I told her, I haven't. THAT'S WHY I'M APPLYING FOR HELP!!!! (and have been calling once a week to annoy) o_0


And, on another note, I was told by my bank that they don't accept unrolled change. I understand the hassle, but it wasn't like I have $2390 in pennies. It was more like $17 in unrolled nickels, dimes and quarters. And they were unrolled because they were odd amounts that wouldn't have fit into rolls. "You'll just have to save it up until it make a roll" Um no. She told me she'd do it just this once. I'm sorry, you're a bank! You're probably going to go through my $17 of change in an hour or so! Suck it up, take it. I swear my mattress is looking like a better and better place to keep my money.



On a more baby sort of note, 3 more weeks until Finnegan's estimated due date! Which means I could pop any time between now and a month from now :-P I'm feeling slightly more prepared. Slightly. Still need to set up the tub and wash clothes and blankets for him. I also want to scrub the house down, but my energy levels bounce back and forth so much that it's hard to keep up :-/ Still need to learn how to fold a prefold and also how to use a wrap. Yesterday, Kim and Abby helped me make a belly cast. I can't wait to finish it up! it needs some strengthening and some painting.

In November, there's a doula workshop that I'm thinking of attending. They already said I could bring Finn (!!), so right now money is the only issue. I want to attend, it'll be step one on becoming a midwife. I'm just still not 100% sure if I want to. I do, but I don't, but I do, but I don't. So frustrating. Anyways, $300 is a lot. We'll see.

No comments: