07 August 2008

Small update

Just a quick drop in while Abby plays with her doll house and I cook lunch (Kim's been out on consulting gigs all day long).

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my midwives. I really do love them. Anyways, on the agenda for the appointment was the list of things I should be gathering for the birth. Which send me into shock because, really, the baby is almost here! I'm going into panic mode; cleaning the apartment, knitting, getting baby stuff together and worring about the moneies. Yup, still no job. August just started and I already feel like it's almost gone!

Meghan, Abby's best friend's mommy, had her baby a little while ago. I found out yesterday that one of my midwives married her during the birth! While she was 9 cm dilated and in the birthing tub, her and her now husband recited vows and were married. It's so increadably awesome. Baby followed shortly after ^-^

Ravelymics start tomorrow. I'm working on Abby's Reid for team Overly Ambitious Yet Plausibly Possible. My goal is to just get it started really, I don't expect to finish much, but I'm hoping to get something done. Also, I don't have the buttons I want, nor the crochet skills to finish it. But, that's ok. Finn's blanket is slowly getting closer to being finished. I really am trying to knit him a hat (from old noro I found in my stash) but I'm lacking the DPNs for them :-( I really need to before he comes!!

I'm going to make myself some tea to go with lunch. I'm starting to lose my wind. All I want to do is settle down with a blankie (August feels like fall!) and just knit for my little one. I've already washed a ton of dishes, vaccuumed and cooked. I can't wait until Kim gets home and I can just lay around and slack off

No comments: